CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Taco Soup

I got this recipe from a good friend years ago. It is like a chili, but has a little tang to it. My husband raves about it when I make it, and I usually pair it with some cornmeal muffins.


3 cans chili beans (can must say chili beans on it, not chili or pinto beans or red beans...)
1 pkg ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups corn (I like frozen but you can use canned in a pinch)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups water
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
1 onion
2 small cans tomato sauce

Cook ground beef until almost done. Drain fat, place back in pan. Add the pkg of taco seasoning. Finish browning the beef.

Place all ingredients into a crock pot. Mix together well. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high for 2-3. This fills my 5-quart crock pot, if yours is smaller you may need to make adjustments. I didn't use the onion last time and it came out fine. Use mild seasoning and it won't be too spicy for kids.

0 Tasty Tidbits: