CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Easy Chicken and Pasta

At my house in college there was a cookbook/binder left by a previous tenant. No one else ever used it, so I browsed through and took some of the recipes when I left. This one seemed easy, although the original serves 12. I cut it down to serve 4, and we all had big bowls and still had some leftovers. I serve with a little parmesan cheese on it. It really is an easy, one dish meal!

2 chicken breasts
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp basil
2 1/4 cups water
2 cups pasta, corkscrew was specified in the recipe
2 cups frozen veggie combo, which I didn't have so used broccoli and peas

In skillet, brown chicken in hot oil. Set aside. Add soup, water, basil, and vegetables. Heat to a boil

Add uncooked pasta, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. The pasta cooks right in the soup!

Add browned chicken. Cook 5 minutes more, or until pasta is done, stirring often. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.


My kids like any kind of pasta, and who doesn't like chicken? Cream of chicken soup would be good with this also, and when I reheated it for my lunch today I added some cream and more parmesan, it tasted kind of like alfredo! Really good, and really easy. Great for a busy day!

0 Tasty Tidbits: