CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Best Oven Fries Ever!

I know there are lots of different recipes for oven fries. Wedges, herbs and spices... I found myself wanted something simple. I had a bag of kettle potato chips in a cracked black pepper and sea salt flavor, so yummy! I figured I would do the same to my fries, and see if it tasted just as good.




Black Pepper and Sea Salt Oven Fries

2 potatoes, unpeeled and julienned
2 tbsp olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
whole grains of sea salt

Toss the potatoes in the olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste, and about 1/2 tsp sea salt.

Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Sprinkle with some more sea salt to taste, toss, and serve!

I served them with ketchup for the boys and hubby, but I quite preferred mine au natural. A definite make-again!


The burger was really good too. Toasted buns, mayo, Dijon mustard, and cheese. I stacked patty, monterey jack, patty, and then medium cheddar. Mustard on top and squish it down. My mouth is kind of small for a double stacker... I have really discovered a liking for good old Montery Jack!

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE oven fries! So simple and so yummy. And that burger looks delish!!!