CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Phoey! (and Pork Chops with Peach Puree)

Last night, my dear and oh so darling 2-year old found my camera. Not just found, but turned it on, which extended the lens, and then dropped it on the floor. On the lens on the floor. This basically bent the lens to one side so that it cannot retract. Which means I am camera-less until my new one arrives sometime next week.

I will continue to post recipes, they will just be sans photos.


I had very large pork shoulder butt steaks I bought in the reduced meat section and they needed used. I didn't have all the ingredients for a couple of different recipes that I use all the time, so I combined what I did have for the recipes and made it into a completely different recipe! Surprisingly, it worked, which proves just how versatile and forgiving pork truly is!

I asked my friend, Jen, who was over to learn how to make jam if she trusted me and my cooking abilities as I was about to venture into unknown culinary waters. She said, unhesitatingly, "yes". Thank you for your faith in me, and for ensuring that there were no leftovers!

Pork with Peach Puree


1 pkg of pork chops, or steaks
1 can peaches (halves or slices, I used no sugar added which is canned in pear juice)
1 1/2 tbsp* Dijon mustard (I scraped out all I had in the jar, so this is a guesstimate)
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup dried minced onion
2 cups prepared stuffing

Season the pork with some salt and pepper. Heat a couple tbsp oil in a skillet, brown both sides of the pork. Place in a baking pan. Sprinkle the minced onion on top.

In a blender, add the peaches, mustard, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Puree until well blended. Pour over the pork.

Spoon the stuffing on top of the puree, try to get it fairly evenly spread. Bake at 350, until pork is done. I think mine took 30 minutes, maybe 45?

This was really good! Some orange juice concentrate would taste yummy in the puree too, just a tbsp maybe. The salty, buttery stuffing is a good counterpoint to the sweeter and spicy puree. And it was incredibly juicy, I caught it just as it was done and did not overcook it. My sweetie even left an "Ultimate Fighting" match at a friend's house to come eat some! That's a compliment!

I am so glad I have friends that are honest about my food, and who don't mind trying the odd things I come up with. 95% of the time, the stuff turns out just fine!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

You could use your phone to take pics; just a thought.

This looks really yummy! Pork is one of those meats that goes really well with a variety of fruits.

Anonymous said...

Yay, I made the blog. Hey, if I trust you enough to have tried that flan, I don't think you could have done any worse than that ;)