CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I have been making this for a while. I think it was on the Crisco sticks package a few years ago? Don't really remember.

I had to use this one because I wanted chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't have butter. The day before payday, you know how that goes.

A good friend introduced me to frozen cookie dough. Sort of a ready-to-bake thing. After baking a batch of cookies, you scoop out more dough and put them on a wax papered pan, just like you were going to bake them. Then you freeze the balls/scoops of dough. Once frozen, they go into a container and kept in the freezer. Throw some on a baking sheet and just bake a few minute longer than non-frozen dough! Yep, there is frozen cookie dough in my freezer, just waiting to be baked!





3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco (not regular, butter flavored is softer)
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts

Heat oven to 375.

Combine butter flavored Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.

Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.

Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minute for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cook completely.


The crisco gives it a chewier texture than cookies with butter. I don't usually put nuts in my cookies, but I felt like it this time. Just as yummy as every other time I have made them. And I didn't have to buy anything to make them!

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

I love the idea of frozen cookie dough. When I was in college, my roommates and I bought a couple dozen frozen-dough cookies from some boy scouts. They never did get baked ... we kept eating them straight out of the freezer!!