CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Meatloaf Cupcakes

First, I have to apologize for my somewhat extended absence. Between my litte one having surgery to correct a throat deformity and my husband stealing the computer because he is on leave for a week, I haven't really had a chance to cook, let alone blog what I have cooked.



I had defrosted the hamburger a little later than I had originally planned, so the meatloaf I intended wouldn't have been ready until late. But, cooking something in a smaller form takes less time, so that's what I did. Meatloaf cupcakes!

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
12 saltines, crushed
1 egg
2 tbsp Heinz 57 Sauce
1 tbsp Ranch dressing
1 tbsp dried minced onions
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Fill muffin cups with meat mixture. It took about a rounded 1/4 cup per muffin cup. I was able to get 11 "cupcakes".

Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. Watch them closely, 30 minutes turned out to be a little long.

My boys thought these were the coolest thing every! We ate them with a little more Heinz on top, becuase it tastes good. :-)


We also did some boiled potatoes, tossed in butter, with a little cheese sauce on the side.

For an easy cheese sauce:

Melt shortening in a pan. Stir in an equal amount of flour, cook into a paste. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, until it is however thick you want it. Throw in a bunch of grated cheese, salt and pepper, and stir until the cheese melts.

Happy Food!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

That smiley face is just too cute! No wonder the boys loved this so much, you definitely made it appealing. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a fun plate of food! I love the idea of individual little meatloafs. Adorable.