CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fabulous Mustard Turkey!

Ok, I didn't actually take pictures of this one, but when I make it again I'll take one then. I just had to get dinner on the table super fast on Tuesday and it was literally: get home, heat veggies, plate turkey, and eat!

Now, mustard on a turkey? Crazy? Just a tad.... *insert high pitched giggle* But don't knock it 'til you try it! This would probably work on a beef roast, would be fantastic on a chicken, pork chops, or ham too.

Mustard Turkey:

1 boneless turkey breast roast, mine was about 3 lbs I think
jar of country style dijon mustard
salt and pepper

That's it! Pat turkey dry, rub a bunch of mustard over it, salt and pepper over that, and toss it in the crockpot. Mine was perfectly cooked and wonderfully tender after 8 hours on low heat. I took the juices from the bottom to make a gravy that I served to happy kids over the turkey and stuffing. The mustard mellows after the long cooking, but still has a little kick to it. A kind of "I can't place it, but dang it's good!" sort of kick.

I'll be doing this again for the church Christmas party. If I cook a turkey I'll try rubbing it under the skin on the breasts, and then all over the outside, and cook it breast side down in a cooking bag. Really juicy breasts this way. If they send me a ham to cook, then I'll just rub it on the outside and roast it, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes or so. Yumm!

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Jen Garrett said...

I'm so glad you're back :o) I've been having "Michelle Random Concoctions" withdrawls this past year.