CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Bites!

Or: "Little bits of heaven generously sprinkled with joy..."






I didn't take any pictures of putting them together, and your darn lucky to have one of the finished product. Because I dipped the first strawberry into the cheesecake stuck on the beater and knew how yummy this was going to be!

1 container of strawberries
8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used Neufchatel)
4 tbsp sweetener (Splenda granular for me!)
1 tsp vanilla

Core the whole thing of strawberries. I just cut in a circle all the way around the green leafs and the center lifted right out, leaving a hollow. Set aside.

Cream together the cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla. Take a taste, swoon a little.

Now, you can either crush a graham cracker or 2 with some cinnamon and a little sugar. Or what I did:

1 tbsp almond meal or almond flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sweetener (I used a brown sugar sweetener I found at Fred Meyer by the Splenda. It's not the baking blend, there is no actual sugar in it.)

This mixture actually tastes like the graham cracker crust to me, and adds a little protein and fiber to the strawberries.

Spoon the cheesecake into a ziploc bag and cut the tip off. Pipe into a strawberry, then dip into the crumb topping. Repeat with the batch, pass around to the kids, and watch the smiles!

0 Tasty Tidbits: