CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Thai Chicken Coconut Curry

This is kind of a concotion that started off as one recipe, got a bunch of stuff added to it, and it sort of evolved.

I took two large chicken breasts, and sliced them diagonally about 1/4 -1/2 inch wide. Then I cut them in half the long way to make long strips. Saute in about 1 tbsp oil in a medium hot skillet until almost cooked through.

Add 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp fish sauce and 1-2 tsp thai green chile paste (look in your asian foods section). Stir in well. I had a can of coconut milk hidden in the pantry, so I poured that in. Add 3-4 cups chopped green cabbage. Let that simmer down until slightly thickened. Take out some of the liquid, cool down, and add in 2-3 tbsp cornstarch. Mix together and add back into the curry.

Add in 1/2 cup frozen peas, and 1 chopped tomato. Heat through and serve over rice. Add soy sauce to taste.

This is very creamy, and you really will need the soy sauce. I added a little lemon juice to mine and it was yummy. This would be wonderful with a handful of chopped fresh cilantro and sliced green onions added as well.

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that looks SO good!!! Great job on the picture too, with the blue china and pretty chopsticks and everything. I think I'm in the mood for Asian/Thai food now!