CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Chocolate Brownie Cake

This almost earned the title of "Sinfully Delicious Cake", but I will reserve that for the finalist in my lifelong search for the ultimate cake recipe...

Have you ever wanted something chocolatey, but couldn't decide between a chocolate cake, or brownies?

You no longer have to decide! With the best of both worlds, it won't last long in your kitchen...


1 box cake mix (I used a dark choclate fudge cake mix)
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water

Mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. I used Pam.

Bake at 350 about 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Mine was a little more raised on the sides and not the middle. That can happen when you open the oven in the first 20 minutes of baking time. And the milk made it a little heavier, which probably helped the slightly sunken center. Nothing a little frosting won't fix! It won't pull away from the sides like most cakes will. (One of those exceptions I mentioned in my cake tip post.)


-Chocolate Frosting-

1 can icing
1-2 tbsp cream or milk

You want to thin it out a bit, but not too much. Whisk the milk in well. Fold in 1-2 cups Cool Whip, whatever your preference is. I thinned it out a little too much, and while refrigerating helped, it still oozed down a bit when cut. Tasted good though!

A little denser than cake, but lighter than a brownie. I did lots of high calorie stuff for my too small son, but feel free to use lowfat options, like the milk instead of cream, or low fat sour cream. Enjoy!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

Once we find out how much it will cost us to fix the car, so I can determine how much money we have left to spend on groceries, I will immediately determine when I will be able to buy the ingredients for this cake!

(that's just another way of saying, wow that looks delicious and I want to make it and eat it all by myself)

Michelle said...

Yes, you NEED to make this cake. It lasts longer than you would think too. I was constantly eating pieces, the boys got pieces after meals, and of course Mark eating on it, and it lasted for almost 3 days! Probably because it is rich... Enjoy it!