CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dijon-Peach Pork Chops

Pork is awesome! You can do so many things with it, it lends itself to a wide variety of flavors, sauces, and crusts.

I made this the first time when my little sister was staying with us for a few weeks. She went home with the recipe, and made it for the rest of that family, who all loved it! We enjoyed it again last night, and I would love to share it with you!



4 bone-in pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
1 can sliced peaches, undrained
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dijon mustard (not yellow!)
1/4 tsp ground cloves

In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking sprtay, brown pork chops over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, pour over pork chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is tender.

I like to take the meat out and keep it warm on a platter, and let the sauce simmer a bit longer to thicken it up. Then I pour it on the meat.

The boys think these are the coolest peaches ever! "They're kinda sweet and kinda spicey and really good" said my oldest!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

I remember when Marie made these - we all thought it was delicious! This really is a fantastic recipe.

AMI said...

Agh I have to make these! They are amazing!