CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Melt In Your Mouth Muffins!

With school starting, I want my boys to get the best possible start to their day. That means a good, solid breakfast. Something besides cereal! Muffins seemed to fit the bill, something easy and fast, that tastes good and that you can sneak all kinds of healthy things inside.

This recipe is actually a mix that you make a big batch of and store. You use some of the mix, stir in the wet ingredients, and voila! A dozen muffins! Seriously easy!






Muffin Mix:

8 cups flour
3 cups sugar
3 tbsp baking powder
3 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mix and store in an airtight container. Attach the following recipe:

2 3/4 cup muffin mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 egg

Mix and pour into greased muffin pans. Makes 12. Bake at 400 for 16 minutes.

You can add whatever you would like to the batter. This morning's muffins were Nutty Banana Coconut!

2 tbsp milled flax seed (had in the fridge and tossed it in)
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup flakes coconut (saw it next to the nuts and thought, why not?)

Throw in the with muffin batter and bake away!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Michele said...

I love a good muffin! Adding flax is such a great idea...I've actually got some in the freezer that I need to use up. Think I'll be making these tomorrow. If they turn out (my oven is on it's last leg!) I'll be sure to post them and link back to your recipe. Thanks so much for stopping by my site today!

Stephanie said...

I like the idea of a homemade muffin mix. Really reduces the time you take to make the muffins! I think I want to make this.