CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mini Cheesecakes


These have been on my list of desserts to make for a while now, and I figured I may as well do it this week. Quick, easy to make, and very kid friendly. My boys have already asked when they can make this with me again!

24 vanilla wafers
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup jam (I used apricot preserves and raspberry)

Place wafers flat side down in paper or foil-lined muffin cups. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sufar until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. Fill muffin cups 3/4's of the way full. Place on baking sheet.

Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes, or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Top each cheesecake with 2 tsp of jam. Refrigerate until serving.

Supposedly this was supposed to make 2 dozen cheesecakes. It made 16, filling 3/4's of the way. So I had to take out the extra muffin cups and put the cookies back in the box. Even only filling 2/3's would not have left enough to make 24. Just a head's up!

I really liked these. Easy enough to throw together if you are craving just a little bit of cheesecake. It's like portion control! Maybe throw some chocolate shavings on there with some whipped cream, in foil muffin cups, and you have a decadent adult treat for nice company. Or just for after the kids go to bed!



2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

I love it with the jam on top - that just makes them so pretty!

Colleen said...

i love those. my mom used to make them at christmas to put on the plates of goodies that we gave away. yum yum