CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crock-pot Ham Tetrazzini

We are trying to get in the habit of having one crock-pot night each week. Just to make those crazy days easier, and maybe stock my freezer with the leftovers. This one was really easy, cooked seriously fast, and was so good that my hubby ate two huge plates! And it's really cheap too...



I doubled the recipe so I could make leftovers, but there was hardly any left. It didn't make nearly as much as I thought. I'll post the original amounts, which would feed maybe 3-4, and in parenthesis will be the amounts I actually used, which served 2 adult and 3 kids, with some left over for one person tomorrow. (Me, for lunch!)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (2 cans)

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (1 package)
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham (half a ham steak I got for reduced price- about 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup evaporated milk (I had a 12 oz can, so I poured in about 2/3 of it.)
2 tbsp white wine or chicken broth (4 tbsp white wine)
1 tsp prepared horseradish sauce (2 tsp dijon mustard, didn't have horseradish sauce)
1 7 oz package spaghetti (2 large handfuls from a large box, broken in half)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (1/2 cup parmesan cheese. That's a lot of cheese...)


In a 3 quart crock-pot (5 quart), combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk, wine, and horseradish (mustard-it's really good...) Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. (Mine was bubbly and browning to the side of the pot in 2 hours so I turned it to warm while I cooked the pasta and we ate really early.)


Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain. Add the spaghetti and cheese to the crock-pot, toss to coat.


Add some broccoli and it would be good. Some cream cheese would awesome. Toast some bread, tear in pieces, and pour the sauce over would be yummy. Eat the sauce with a spoon like soup would suit me just fine!

0 Tasty Tidbits: