CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Easy Peachy Crisp

I stole my son's notebook. Well, technically is was mine anyway. He took mine to a church party, and some kid ripped it up. They bought him a new one, and I took it. :-) I got tired of coming up with recipes and having to remember what all went into it. Not easy! I have started writing them down in this notebook as I go, and it is sooo much easier to post them afterward!

My mom sent me home with several quarts of peaches a couple weeks ago. I was in the mood for a good fruit crisp, or cobbler, thanks to Lisa at What We Eat and her chicken cobbler. It was seriously yummy looking, go check it out! It got me craving warm crisp with ice cream.


Cobblers and crisps usually call for fresh fruit, but I didn't have fresh peaches on hand. So I did one up with the canned ones that I had, and supplemented with some plums I found in my fruit drawer that hadn't gone bad yet.



1 qt jar peaches, drained (or 4-5 fresh peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced)
2 black plums peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
dash lemon juice
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter

Mix the sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle lemon juice over peaches and plums in baking dish. Toss with the sugar mixture.




Combine all the rest of the ingredients, except for the butter. Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Place evenly on top of fruit. This is about twice the crisp topping that most people use, but I like it thick! Feel free to adjust to your own preference.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and top is golden and crispy.



I liked the flavors of the peaches and plums together. Dessert didn't last long at our house with this one!





2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

That looks good! I like the idea of writing it down as you go, because we usually try to remember it after the fact, and I'm sure that we forget stuff, or get some things confused. Keeping track as you're actually making it makes so much more sense!

AMI said...

Ah ha! Thanks for the plug! That is what we, over the pond, call a crumble! It looks truly divine! Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!!!