CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Zucchini Tomato Toss

The recipe that follows is a little different than what is pictured here. I threw it together at my mom's house this weekend, from memory. I forgot a few things, so I am posting the recipe as it is supposed to be, not how I made it. While it was good that day, it wasn't quite right... The original is even better!



4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (I forgot these)
3/4 cup white vinegar or cider vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced (I forgot)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp pepper

In a bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar or tall container, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (We decided to eat immediately, it tasted just fine!)

Most of my family devoured it! Literally! We enjoyed it with our dinner, and my sister's little boy, who is 1, wouldn't stop eating it! At one point after dinner, several of us were standing around the bowl and picking the vegetables out with our fingers... talk about civilized... :-)

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

This was so good! I wish I had a bowl of it right now. :-)

You need to hurry up and post those rolls, I've already got a couple comments from people who think that the one picture I posted of that one roll looks so yummy! They want the recipe. :-)

Amanda said...

do you know what would happen if you use red wine vinegar on this recipe? Rather than white vinegar? I only have red wine vinegar from a previous recipe and am trying to decide if it will taste good. Thanks!