CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stovetop Ranch Chicken

Yesterday for dinner, I asked my husband what sounded good. Usually he just says "Whatever, I don't know..." But yesterday he had an actual answer for me. Holy Cow! "We have all those green tomatoes that haven't gone red yet, let's do fried green tomatoes. And can you make stuffing? Because I keep eating the dry mix out of the canister."

Sounds okay to me! Our fried green tomatoes came from my sister Stephanie's blog, Fun Foods on a Budget. For that recipe, click here. I dipped ours in eggs instead of milk, just for kicks, and it turned out fine that way too.





I really didn't want regular Stovetop stuffing that night. I was in the mood for really crunchy! I buy in the big canisters instead of the boxed packages because it is cheaper and I decide how many servings to make. I whizzed some up in our little Black and Decker Handy Chopper (think mini food processor) until it was smaller crumbs.

1 cup stuffing crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ranch dressing (use more if you need to... )
4 small or 3 huge boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix together your stuffing crumbs and the Parmesan cheese on a plate or in a shallow dish.

Pat the chicken breasts dry. Coat with the ranch dressing and then in the crumbs. Lay in a glass baking dish.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve to your sweetheart and enjoy all the yummy sounds he makes!

Apparently I have to make this again. He said so, and he's the boss... ;-)

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

He eats it out of the canister? That's so funny! The chicken and tomatoes look really good.

Elle said...

Ack! How hilarious is your husband? hehe! Dinner looks awesome!