CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pecan Pancake Pizza

In my search for fast and filling breakfasts, I came across this awesome pancake recipe! This is out of one of my Quick Cooking magazines, which are no longer published. Darn it.

Let me tell you... the best way to wake up a boy in the morning is the word "pizza". He sat straight up and said, "The word 'pizza' will always wake me up, Mommy!"

Cool.



2 cups pancake mix (any one would work)
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp maple flavoring
3/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
3/4 cup pecan halves I used chopped because that's what I had

Place pancake mix in a bowl. Combine the eggs, milk, oil and maple flavoring; add to pancake mix and mix well. Pour onto a greased 14-in pizza pan. It is like pancake batter, so you really do just pour it onto the sheet. It spreads, but not super much.) Sprinkle with pecans and granola.

Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick coms out clean. Cut into wedges. Serve with syrup if desired.

My pancake poofed in the middle, probably the mix I used. We all thought it was pretty neat. This makes 8 decent sized wedges, and is more filling than regular pancakes. Probably because of the nuts and granola. I had one wedge, and that was plenty for me! You could cut it in half for a smaller family...

We'll be making this one again!

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

Wow, it looks even better than it sounded! Yum yum!