CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Best Rice Crispy Treats Ever!

Mark wanted to do something with the kids, involving some sort of sugar, possibly chocolate, marshmallows? Rice Crispy Treats sounded like the very thing!

He and the boys had a blast getting all buttered and sticky and messing up the kitchen. I closed my eyes and tried not to watch the massacre... But the end result was worth the hour of cleanup time!




3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups cocoa crispies
1 bag mini marshmallows

Melt the butter and peanut butter over low heat. Add vanilla and marshmallows. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa crispies. Using buttered hands, press into a 9x13 pan. Let cool and cut into squares.


Mark came in with a piece and said that this is the only way I am ever allowed to make rice crispy treats, ever! I retorted that I have not made rice crispy treats the entire 7 1/2 years we have been married! It's not that I don't want to, I just never think to. Sad, huh? But I have to agree with him. These are amazing! The photo above are the last 4 in the pan. The next afternoon. Yeah, they went fast!

1 Tasty Tidbits:

AMI said...

Oh my... oh oh....I must make these! Anything with peanut butter and I'm done!