CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Creamy Peanut Dessert


I love anything with peanut butter. Add chocolate and cream cheese and I am in heaven!

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tbsp peanut butter

Filling:
1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I used Neufchatel, 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 carton (16 ounces) cool whip, thawed
3 - 4 tbsp chocolate syrup

In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and peanuts. Stir in butter and peanut butter, mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.

Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9x13 dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I didn't bother greasing the pan and it comes out fine for me.)

Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Fold in cool whip, spoon over crust. Spread evenly. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

Cover and place in freezer. Remove 15 minutes before serving. Can freeze for up to 3 months.

Keeping this in the freezer is nice because I don't sit there and pick into it all the time. But I have just put this in the fridge for a couple hours to chill and it works fine that way too. It tastes great either way!

2 Tasty Tidbits:

McD Fam said...

That "14 cup butter" is supposed to be 1/4 cup, right?

Michelle said...

Yes! Thank you, I fixed it.