CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family Favorite Stroganoff

Everyone I serve this yummy stroganoff too absolutely loves it. I grew up eating this stroganoff and it was always big at my house. I cooked it up for dinner, and added a small twist of my own.

1 pound ground beef
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 small onion, chopped
5-6 medium white mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
4 oz cream cheese
Pasta or Rice, cooked

In a hot skillet, brown ground beef. When mostly cooked, drain off fat, and add worchestershire sauce. Cook until fully done. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, put a couple tbsp of oil in bottom of pan. When hot add the onions and mushrooms. Saute until tender. Add cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the sauce. Add milk to thin the sauce, whatever consistency you like. Serve over pasta or rice.

1 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

I like the idea of adding Worcestershire sauce, and sauteeing some onions and mushrooms. Sounds great!