CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Baked Flounder



This one I dug up in my large Taste of Home Cookbook, in the "light and tasty" section. I just wanted something not creamy to cook the flounder in, and this is perfect. It had really good flavor, my kids ate it up and then asked why I didn't make more! Plus, a serving is only 212 calories, so I suppose it is really actually healthy!


2/3 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 pounds flounder fillets
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbps chicken broth or white wine
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat mexican cheese blend (I used regular pepper jack)
1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
2 tbsp butter, melted


Sprinkle the green onions and mushrooms into a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange fish over vegetables. Sprinkle with marjoram, salt and pepper.

Pour broth and lemon juice over fish. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs, drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

0 Tasty Tidbits: