CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Mint Musketeers Cheesecake

I was behind of posts, hence 3 in one day. Sorry about that!

I have been absolutely craving mint and chocolate lately. York patties, mint Oreo's, mint chocolate chip ice cream, mint 3 Musketeers... All of it! In fact, I was at the store yesterday for some basics and just couldn't decide if I wanted the Oreo's or the candy bar. So I got both!

Then I was chatting with my cousin Rachel (Family Favorites) and asked if she had any ideas for using one of these in a baked good. "How about like a grasshopper pie?" Brilliant!!!! (Thanks Rachel...)

So I looked in my trusty fridge. Where does all this stuff come from? I swear, my fridge is magic and can make all kinds of ingredients appear at will... Hmm, cream cheese, and in the back corner there is some cool whip. Do I have mint extract? Hey, there it is!

I waved my wand, and Presto!





Crust:
1 1/2 cup crushed Mint Double Stuffed Oreo's*
3 tbsp butter, melted

*don't seperate the cream from the cookie. Stick about a row and a half of cookies in a bag and bang it like crazy with a rollin pin, or meat tenderizer, or really heavy glass. It'll work...

Mix together in a glass pie plate, and press firmly onto the bottom. Use your hand, clean of course, because the cookie stuff kept wanting to stick to the cup I was using to press it.

Let sit in fridge while you mix the filling.

Filling:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp mint extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cream, half-n-half, or milk
6 oz cool whip
10 funsize Mint Musketeers, roughly chopped

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mint extract, sugar, and cream for 2 minutes. The sugar should be nicely dissolved... Stir in the chopped candy bars, and carefully fold in the cool whip. Spoon into the refridgerated crust and spread around.

Refridgerate at least 1 hour before serving. I didn't need to dip the pan in warm water to get the pieces out or anything.

This was awesome! One heck of a no-bake cheesecake! In fact, my sweetie ate 1/4 of the whole pie, plus his alloted slice! It was hard to resist eating a big piece for breakfast this morning, although I did manage it. Maybe after lunch if hubby doesn't attack it when he comes home... :-)

2 Tasty Tidbits:

Stephanie said...

That looks so delicious! Now I'm suddenly craving mint and chocolate!

Anonymous said...

mint and chocolate are always a great combination. a winner in my daily life!